PDH’s 2019 summer research programme starts on Friday 29 November with a kickoff event, including brief presentations from each student about their project.
PDH Summer Research Scholarship students, supervisors, management, advisors, and board members. Note this is not a public event.
Agenda (as of 29 November)
|9:00 AM||Introduction and Welcome (Kevin Ross)|
What is PDH?
|Overview of the summer research programme (Kelly Atkinson)|
– Successes from past projects
– Getting the most out of your summer
|9:15 AM||Session 1: Project presentations (10 min per speaker)|
* Harshit Gulati – Smart Search – Clinically relevant predictive auto-complete
* Renfei Ma – Entity Relation Extraction
* Ryan Tan – Interactive feedback-driven annotation tool
|10:00 AM||Session 2: Project presentations (10 min per speaker)|
* Maxine Cooper – Predicting the success of DC Cardioversion in patients with Atrial Fibrillation
* Lite Kim – Developing an Industry-Leading Deidentification Solution
* Owen Xu – Local interpretability of text-based deep learning models in healthcare
|10:40 AM||Guest panel: Where can a summer scholarship take you?|
|Reminder about planning and requirements for the rest of the summer|
Bruce McLaren room
Orion Health house, 181 Grafton Road, Auckland
Public transport options are numerous, and pay parking is available in several nearby locations.
Each presentation should be only 5-7 minutes long and cover:
- What problem you are trying to solve and why / what the research questions are
- What the plan is for your summer project
- Why the research is interesting for the NZ health data science community
Please submit your slides to Kelly by email no later than 28 November.
Please advise with your RSVP if you have specific dietary requirements, and we will do our best to accommodate these.
Please contact Kelly.