PDH invites all of our researchers and collaborators to join us for a Spring Research Day on Friday 15 November 2019.
PDH researchers and students, collaborators, commercial partners, management, advisors, and board members. Note this is not a public event.
Agenda (as of 11 November)
|9:00 AM||15 min||Introduction and Welcome (Kevin Ross)|
|9:15 AM||60 min||Session 1: Project presentations (10 min per speaker) + 10 minute Q&A panel at end|
New Data Sources and other themes (chaired by Thomas Lumley)
* Vital Signs Monitoring, Evaluation and Validation – Mirza Baig
* Automated Textual De-identification – Quan Sun/Dominic Yuen
* Analysis of Lab Result Patterns for Patient Alerts – Samuel Wong
* Deepening Understanding of Surgical Outcomes – Luke Boyle
|10:15 AM||15 min||[Break]|
|10:30 AM||30 min||Session 2: Missing Health Data Imputation – Thomas Lumley/Jiunn Howe Lee|
Guide and discussion on imputation for researchers
|11:00 AM||60 min||Session 3: Project presentations (10 min per speaker) + 10 minute Q&A panel at end|
Precise & Timely Healthcare (chaired by Michael O’Sullivan)
* Modelling Dargaville Medical Centre – Mike O’Sullivan
* Smart Medication Reconciliation – Randall Britten
* Healthcare Pathways Discovery, Conformance and Enrichment – Andreas Kempa-Liehr
* AI for Skin Cancer – Adrian Bowling
|12:00 PM||30 min||Lunch / Networking|
Bruce McLaren room
Orion Health house, 181 Grafton Road, Auckland
Public transport options are numerous, and pay parking is available in several nearby locations.
Each presentation should be only 5-7 minutes long and cover:
- What problem you are trying to solve and why / what the research questions are.
- What you have done / achieved so far and key points of interest.
- What you plan to do next.
- A demonstration and / or commentary on pathway to “real world” application (where suitable).
Please submit your slides to Kelly by email no later than 12pm on Thursday 14 November 2019.
Please advise with your RSVP if you have specific dietary requirements, and we will do our best to accommodate these.
Please contact Kelly.