PDH invites all of our researchers and collaborators to join us for our annual Research Day on Friday 13 November 2020.
PDH researchers and students, collaborators, commercial partners, management, advisors, and board members. Note this is not a public event.
Agenda (as of 12 November)
|9:15 AM||15 min||Introduction and Welcome|
|9:30 AM||30 min||Session 1: Project presentations
* 15 min – Clinical document semantic search – Edmond Zhang
|10:00 AM||15 min||Feedback and discussion on Session 1|
|10:15 AM||30 min||Session 2: Keynote
Jon Herries, Ministry of Health
|10:45 AM||15 min||Break – morning tea|
|11:00 AM||30 min||Session 3: Project presentations
* 15 min – AI for skin cancer – Adrian Bowling
|11:30 AM||15 min||Feedback and discussion on Session 3|
|11:45 AM||60 min||Session 4: Project panel
* 15 min – Intelligent De-identification – Junjae Lee
|12:45 PM||45 min||Break – lunch|
|1:30 PM||30 min||Session 5: Project presentations
* 15 min – Analysis of lab result patterns for patient alerts – Samuel Wong
|2:00 PM||15 min||Feedback and discussion on Session 5|
|2:15 PM||45 min||Session 6:
* Leadership Team panel
Due to Auckland’s recent COVID-19 community case, the event will be virtual-only. Zoom access details have been provided to registered attendees.
If you did not receive details, please contact Kelly.
Zoom etiquette: All attendees are encouraged to have cameras on, and microphones muted. Presenters can share their own screen.
When preparing your presentation, please aim for a general audience. Use lay terms as much as possible. Explain specific concepts. Schedule pauses to check the audience’s understanding.
Regardless of length, each project presentation should cover:
- What problem you are trying to solve and why / what the research questions are. Why is this important for NZ? Why is it important commercially?
- What you have done/achieved so far and key points of interest.
- What you plan to do next.
- A demonstration and/or commentary on pathway to “real world” application (where suitable).
- What help you need / what you would have done differently.
Please contact Kelly.