Note: This is a past event.
PDH invited all of our researchers and collaborators to join us for a Winter Research Day on Friday 2 August 2019.
PDH researchers and students, collaborators, commercial partners, management, advisors, and board members. Note this is not a public event.
Agenda (as of 10 July)
|9:00-9:10am||10 min||Introduction and Welcome (Kevin Ross)|
|9:10-10:10am||60 min||Project presentations (10 min per speaker) + 10 minute Q&A panel at end
Predictive Analytics (chaired by Bernhard Pfahringer)
|10:10-10:25am||15 min||Presentation/discussion session by PDH on Research Project Methodology|
|10:45-11:45am||60 min||Project presentations (10 min per speaker) + 10 minute Q&A panel at end
Empowering People (chair TBC)
|11:45-12:00pm||15 min||Presentation/discussion session by PDH:
* Metrics update
* Progress reporting
* Policies re conferences and travel funding
* Suggestions for less formal sessions
|12:00-1:00||60 min||Lunch / Networking / Discussion|
Each presentation should be only 5-7 minutes long and cover:
- What problem you are trying to solve and why / what the research questions are.
- What you have done / achieved so far and key points of interest.
- What you plan to do next.
- A demonstration and / or commentary on pathway to “real world” application (where suitable).
Please submit your slides to Kelly by email no later than 12pm on Thursday 1 August 2019.
Please advise with your RSVP if you have specific dietary requirements, and we will do our best to accommodate these.
Please contact Kelly.