Smart Patient Cohort Builder
The primary goal of this project is to provide a decision support system for triaging referrals to make this task more efficient.
Lead researchers on this project:
- Dr Edmond Zhang, Orion Health
- Reece Robinson, Orion Health
- Dr Patrick Gladding, Waitemata District Health Board
The primary goal of this project is to provide a decision support system for triaging referrals to make this task more efficient. In addition to achieving this goal, several secondary research goals are possible. These include:
- Predictive model sharing between hospitals or populations
- Explain-ability of prediction results
- Monitoring of input data concept drift detection
- Provide capability for performing data science and model training within a hospital setting
This research is ambitious because we aim to change the way data-driven health is done in New Zealand. One outcome of this research will be to move the focus away from ad hoc and hospital-specific solutions to a smart data platform that supports the sharing of population knowledge and data-derived assets, integrating local patient context and making the practice of data science a first-class citizen.
We build on multiple prior Precision Driven Health research programmes and, if successful, will potentially become a key enabler for more efficient future data-driven health research projects. We also expect that the work of this research enhances the Orion Health Smart Data Platform, which provides a reusable, scalable and flexible data environment for this and future data-driven PDH projects.