Patients Like This: Share your views
Shared decision making in cancer care
Part of the Patients Like This research project
Research lead: Dr Karol Czuba
We are looking for persons with cancer, or working with or affected by patients with cancer, to take part in a research study:
- Have you or someone in your whānau or family been diagnosed with breast or prostate cancer in the last 5 years?
- Are you a cancer clinician?
- Are you involved in researching, advocating or representing cancer patients?
We are looking for participants to take part in one-off interviews in June and July 2022.
This study aims to develop new computerized tools to aid patients and clinicians in better communicating and collaborating on care for persons with cancer. The interview will be conducted at a time and place convenient to you. The purpose of this interview is to talk about your views and ideas relating to:
- discussing symptoms and how they change over time, treatment options, information needs;
- patient-clinician connectedness and collaboration;
- consideration of patients’ preferences, beliefs and life roles;
- the role of CDS tools in shared decision making, increasing patients’ knowledge and involvement in discussions, achieving better patient outcomes;
- participants’ preferences regarding CDS tools’ features and information visualization format; and
- CDS tools’ impact on clinical practice, and other related topics.
Your participation is voluntary, and you can withdraw from the study without giving a reason. You will be given a $50 gift voucher as a token of appreciation for sharing your time and experiences.
To express your interest in this study or to ask questions, please contact Dr Karol Czuba: email@example.com or 021 246 9207.
This study has been approved by the Health and Disability Ethics Committee (reference number: 2022 EXP 12168)
PDH is New Zealand’s unique health data science research partnership.